We are looking for a passionate contract Full Stack Developer to join our Digital Team! As a Full Stack Developer at our company, you will work with our creative teams on front-end development, building amazing themes, powerful plugins, microsites, contests and HTML Email content in the fast-paced Music and Hospitality industries from our downtown Toronto office.
Why You? You’ve got a strong understanding of what it takes to develop under tight deadlines in an agile environment, while keeping code clean, concise and well documented. You’re looking for a challenge where no two projects are ever alike and you’re ready to dive into the deep end on day one. You’ve got an eye for design, an ear for music, a taste for good food and an insatiable need to improve user experience wherever you see it.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop new user-facing features and experiences
- Translation of UI/UX design wireframes to production code on web apps, and web sites.
- Build reusable code for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for scalability and speed
- Familiarity with Design & Aesthetics
- Test code with unit and end to end testing.
- understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Assisting in the creation of HTML email content as well as maintaining inbound customer capture for 500k+ mailing list.
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ Years of Professional or Similar Experience Required
- Candidates must be able to speak and understand English due to remote work.
- Python considered an asset
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Excellent understanding of React.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, bundle and code splitting
- Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient with Git.
- Proficient understanding of clean code collaboration practices, including linting and following team style guides.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Production level PHP coding skill and WordPress Development experience is a must!
- Strong experience in delivering content to mobile devices
- Experience designing and developing responsive design using Bootstrap or other Frameworks
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) as well as other API’s (Facebook, Spotify Etc) and integrate into applications.
- Applicants must provide examples of their work
- Please send along your resume including your portfolio and any relevant experience with Github / Gitlab (please make the project repository public), Stack Overflow, LinkedIn, etc
- Your Salary expectations
- Nível de experiência Intermediary
- Anos de experiência 3 or more