Descrição da Vaga
We are looking for a passionate Backend Web Developer to join our Digital Team! As a Backend Web Developer at our company, you will work with our creative teams on both back-end development, building amazing themes, powerful plugins, microsites, contests and HTML Email content in the fast-paced Music and Hospitality industries from our downtown Toronto office.
Why You? You’ve got a strong understanding of what it takes to develop under tight deadlines in an agile environment, while keeping code clean, concise and well documented. You’re looking for a challenge where no two projects are ever alike and you’re ready to dive into the deep end on day one. You’ve got an eye for design, an ear for music, a taste for good food and an insatiable need to improve user experience wherever you see it.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Thoroughly test code with unit and end to end testing.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality onto existing websites built using WordPress CMS
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ Years of Professional or Similar Experience Required
- Candidates must be able to speak and understand English due to remote work.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Excellent understanding of React.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, bundle and code splitting
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient with Git.
- Proficient understanding of clean code collaboration practices, including linting and following team style guides.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Production level PHP coding skill and WordPress Development experience is a must!
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc. and testing across multiple platforms.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across mobile platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working WordPress themes, optimized for mobile.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) as well as other API’s (Facebook, Eventbrite, Spotify Etc) and integrate into applications.
- Working understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN, etc
- Strong understanding of E-Commerce conversion flows, Audio and Video delivery, and is a big plus!
- Applicants must provide examples of working plugins, themes or other applications for review.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Please send along your resume including your portfolio and any relevant experience with Github / Gitlab (please make the project repository public), Stack Overflow, LinkedIn, etc
- Your Salary expectations
- Nível de experiência Intermediary
- Anos de experiência 3 or more